Labels: Health drink
2 cups 1% Milk
6 cups Vanilla Ice Cream
1 teaspoon Peppermint Extract, Use More If You Want It Mintier
1-½ teaspoon Green Food Coloring
½ cups Whipped Cream, Per Serving
Add the milk to a blender, then add in ice cream, peppermint extract, and green food coloring. Blend until smooth.
Pour into your serving glass and top with whipped cream. Serve with a straw, and sip away
½ cups Freeze Dried Fruit
½ cups Sugar (you Can Use White, Raw Cane, Or Sugar Free Alternative)
1 teaspoon Citric Acid
100 Plastic Straws
1. To seal the bottom of the pixie sticks, use the needle nose pliers to crimp a straw and make a seal with 1/8 of an inch of straw left open on the bottom. Take the lighter flame to the straw and heat until the end is closed and sealed. Remove heat from the straw and hold for several seconds with the pliers to allow plastic to seal and cool. Remove pliers. Repeat with the rest of the straws.
2. In a blender, combine the freeze dried fruit, sugar and citric acid until smooth. Place the funnel onto the top of the open end of the straw and pour a small amount of the sugar into the funnel, using the toothpick to push down the sugar into the straw if necessary. Leave 1/4 of an inch of space at the top of the straw to seal.
3. Continue filling straws until done. Seal the top of the straw the same way that you sealed the bottom. There may be some burn marks if there is sugar or fruit residue left. Don’t be alarmed!
- You can totally omit the citric acid but it does provide the tanginess that traditional pixie sticks have. Look at your local health food store, baking store or food storage supply facility.
- Amount of pixie sticks made may vary depending on the size of the straws used.
- In order to assemble the Pixie Sticks you’ll also need needle nose pliers, a lighter, a small funnel (can make aption
|1 (5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix |
3 cups cold milk
1 (9 inch) angel food cake, cut in cubes
4 bananas, sliced
1 (16 ounce) package frozen strawberries, thawed
1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1.Prepare pudding with milk according to package directions. In a trifle bowl or other glass serving dish, layer half the cake pieces, half the pudding, half the bananas, half the strawberries and half the whipped topping. Repeat layers. Cover and chill in refrigerator 4 hours before serving.
8 baking potato, 4 pounds
¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons canola oil, plus more for rubbing
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
4 lb mixed wild mushrooms
freshly ground pepper
1 white onion, finely chopped
4 clove garlic, minced
1 cup dry white wine
1 cup beef stock or low-sodium broth
1 Tbsp chopped tarragon
2 tsp chopped thyme
1. Preheat the oven to 425°. Pierce the potatoes with a fork and rub with oil. Bake for 1 hour, or until tender when pierced.
2. Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, melt the butter in the oil. Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until tender, 20 minutes. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until the mushrooms are deeply browned, 8 minutes. Add the wine and cook until evaporated. Stir in the stock, tarragon and thyme and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Slit the potatoes and fluff the insides with a fork. Season with salt and transfer to plates. Spoon the mushroom ragù onto the potatoes and serve.
4-6 chicken breasts
1 cup packed brown sugar
2/3 cup vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)
1/4 cup water
2t lemon juice
2-3 Tablespoons minced garlic
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
2 Tablespoons corn starch
2 Tablespoons water
Red pepper flakes (optional)
Cook in crock pot on low 6-8 hours
| Grilled cheese meets garlic bread! |
makes 6 servings
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
12 slices white bread
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
1 (24 ounce) jar vodka marinara sauce
1.Preheat your oven's broiler.
2.Place 6 slices of bread onto a baking sheet. Spread a small handful of the mozzarella cheese over each slice. Top with the remaining 6 slices of bread. Mix together the butter and garlic powder, brush some over the tops of the sandwiches, or spread with the back of a tablespoon. Sprinkle with dried oregano.
3.Place baking sheet under the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown. Remove pan from oven, flip sandwiches, and brush the other sides with butter, and sprinkle with oregano. Return to the broiler, and cook until golden, about 2 minutes.
4.Cut sandwiches in half diagonally, and serve immediately with vodka sauce on the side for dippingcaption
waters. Here are their benefits to help with detoxification energy and
hydration. Put as much fruit in water as you like and let the water sit
for at least 30 minutes before drinking.|
1. Green tea, mint, lime-fat burning, digestion, headaches, congestion and breath freshener.
2. Strawberry, kiwi-cardiovascular health, immune system protection, blood sugar regulation, digestion.
3. Cucumber, lime, lemon- water weight management, bloating, appetite control, hydration, digestion
4. Lemon, lime, orange- digestion vitamin C, immune defense, heartburn, (Drink this one at room temperature.