Labels: main course
3 lbs Picanha Steak (Top Sirloin Cap), cut into 1 inch grilling steaks
1 bunch rapini (broccoli raab), washed and stems trimmed
3 garlic cloves, minced
1-1 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
12 provolone cheese slices
6 papo secos (buns)
coarse sea salt, seasoning
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Place trimmed rapini into the boiling water and cook for approximately 4-5 minutes.
2. In a pan, heat 3 turns of olive oil on high. Add garlic and crushed red pepper flakes and cook for approximated 2-3 minutes. Do not burn.
3. Drain rapini in a colander and remove excess water. Add drained rapini to the pan with garlic and peppers.
4. Sauté rapini but do not overcook, approximately 3-5 minutes.
5. Preheat grill.
6. Season steaks on both sides with coarse sea salt.
7. Grill steaks for 5-7 minutes on each side; until well done.
8. Assemble sandwich by placing 2 slices of cheese on a bun, followed by the steak and rapini.
9. Serve immediately or wrap, bag and place in a cold cooler for later.
|/2 cup blueberries|
1/3 cup flour (ww pastry, white, spelt, or even Bob’s gluten-free)
2 tbsp rolled oats
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2/3 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tbsp sugar or 1 packet stevia (omit if you don’t want sweet pancakes)
1/3 cup milk of choice
Unless you like the taste of fat-free pancakes, add 1 tbsp oil and reduce milk by that amount.
Combine dry ingredients in a bowl, then add wet. Mix, but don’t overmix. Cook on an oiled (or sprayed) pan, on low-medium, flipping each pancake once. Top with syrup, powdered sugar, or Cashew Cream.
Or you could even boil some more blueberries (with a bit of sugar, if you wish), and smash them, to make a compote.
1 pound ground chuck
1 large onion diced
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 head of cabbage chopped
3/4 cup instant rice
2 cans of diced tomatoes...i used roasted garlic flavor
1 can of tomato sauce
3/4 cup beef broth
salt, pepper, celery salt, basil....all to personal taste
brown beef and onions till beef is no longer pink. add garlic and rice and cook for 3 minutes. add cabbage, tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth and spices. bring to boil then simmer covered till cabbage and rice are cooked. 20-25 minutes
|1 1/2 cups warm water|
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
4 cups bread flour
2 tsp yeast
Split prepared dough in two (I prepared mine in the bread maker on dough setting)
Roll out dough into a rectangle
Roll up jelly roll style
Place on pan seem side down
Allow to rise until at least doubled in size
Score loaves 3-4 times
Bake at 375 for 30 mins (make sure to either put ice cubes in the bottom of oven or spray the sides with water to create steam)
|2 C flour|
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 C butter
3/4 C brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/3 C mashed, overripe bananas
Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease a 9x5 loaf pan.
In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Sternum eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture until just moistened. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
Bake in a preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn on to a wire rack.
1. Combine 2 tablespoons of the curry powder and the salt in a bowl. Add the chicken and turn to coat the meat evenly. Set aside for 30 minutes.
2. Heat the oil in a medium pot over moderate heat. Add the shallot, garlic, chili paste and the remaining 1 tablespoon curry powder, and stir until fragrant, about 10 seconds. Add the chicken and cook until the edges of the pieces are golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the fish sauce, sugar, lemongrass, ginger and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat. Add the carrots and cook for 10 minutes. Add the coconut milk, onion and sweet potato and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl, garnish with Asian basil, cilantro and scallions, and serve.
|2 lbs ground beef|
1 onion, chopped
3 carrots, chopped
4 stalks celery, chopped
2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
1 (16 ounce) can white kidney beans, drained
3 (10 ounce) cans beef stock
3 teaspoons oregano
2 teaspoons pepper
5 teaspoons parsley
1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (optional)
1 (20 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
8 ounces pasta
1. Brown beef in a skillet.
2. Drain fat from beef and add to crock pot with everything except pasta.
3. Cook on low 7-8 hours or high 4-5 hours.
4. During last 30 min on high or 1 hour on low, add pasta
1 can (46 ounces) pineapple juice, chilled
2-1/4 cups water
3/4 cup thawed pink lemonade concentrate
3/4 cup sugar
1 quart strawberry ice cream
2-1/2 quarts ginger ale, chilled
1 Pint Fresh Strawberries
In a punch bowl, combine the first four ingredients.
Add ice cream; stir gently.
Add ginger ale; stir gently.
Cut Fresh Strawberries and add to punch.
Serve immediately. Yield: 6 quarts.