Posted by Danna Parker
Posted on 3/22/2015 12:08:00 PM
with No comments
2 biscuits 4 ounces fresh pork breakfast sausage 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour 2 cups whole milk Kosher salt, to taste Freshly ground black pepper, to taste Cayenne pepper, to taste
1. Place your biscuits in a warm oven or toaster oven to heat through.
2. Place a medium skillet pan over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add the sausage and brown, using a wooden spatula to break up the sausage into bite-size pieces, 4 to 5 minutes. Note: It's okay if some of the sausage sticks to the pan.
3. Reduce the heat to medium and sprinkle the flour into the pan, stirring often for 1 minute.
4. Pour in the milk and scrape up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Bring the gravy to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until the gravy thickens, 8 to 10 minutes. It should look velvety and have the thickness of heavy cream. Season the gravy with salt, black pepper and cayenne.
5. Split your biscuits and arrange in shallow bowls. Pour the gravy over the biscuits and serve immediately.