Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
Rich fudgy chocolate brownies topped with creamy peanut butter frosting and chopped Reese's peanut butter cups. The ultimate dessert!
- 6 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 10oz peanut butter morsels
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp skim milk
- 24 Reese's peanut butter cups miniatures, chopped
For the Brownies:
For the Frosting:
- For the brownies, preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line an 8inch square baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, combine unsweetened chocolate with butter. Melt on high heat for 30 second intervals, stirring after each addition (about 90 seconds total).
- Add sugar and stir until combined. Add eggs, one at a time until fully incorporated. Mix in flour completely. Fold in the peanut butter morsels.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and bake for about 45 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting, beat butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar and milk for 5 minutes using an electic mixer with whisk attachment on medium high. Spread over cooled brownies. Top with chopped Reese's peanut butter cups. Cut into bars and enjoy! Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.